As a joint venture between Christus Santa Rosa New Braunfels Surgical Center and Dr. David Starch, New Braunfels Sports Medicine was established to provide quality sports medicine care to school-aged athletes, particularly in medically underserved areas.
The vision of New Braunfels Sports Medicine is to build long-term relationships and loyalties with athletic and scholastic organizations, individual participants, community sport organizations, as well as sports medicine practitioners. We provide comprehensive, thorough health services to maximize every athlete’s potential.
New Braunfels Sports Medicine provides access to the highest quality comprehensive medical, surgical, preventative, rehabilitative, and wellness services to professional, collegiate, scholastic, and recreational athletes of all ages in the Central Texas area. The commitment is to carry on a comprehensive sports medicine program as well as to continue the education of the sports medicine professional.
- Saturday Morning Injury Clinics
- Free orthopedic screenings of acutely injured school-aged athletes, including fast track MRI and X-ray availability, physical therapy home programs, and onsite casting and bracing.
- Pre-participation Screenings
- Contract Services
- Athletic training coverage of local high school athletic events and weekly visits by an athletic trainer for injury assessment, treatment, and referral
- Educational Programming
- Various educational presentations to area athletes, including performance enhancement drug education
- Physician Specialist Network
- Specialists, such as neurologists and cardiologists, which participate in fast-track appointment scheduling for program athletes